Sunday, September 6, 2009

June 2009 First Friday

JOSHUA SNOW

Your monthly Art Gallery Guide from Sedona’s favorite feline - Joshua Snow.

HAPPY SUMMER TO ALL!!

Yeah, summer is here. The birds are singing (yum) and the flowers are in bloom. I am looking forward to more days sitting in the sun in my private courtyard, safe from all those predators.

This month, I finally got to visit my good friend, Jan, at VC Gallery. I often go to enjoy the upstairs window where I can look down on all the people as they scurry around Pinion Point. But, this was my first First Friday at VC.

I was excited about meeting Suzanne Schirra and seeing her animal portraits. Unfortunately, Suzanne was not able to attend. I was hoping to really inspire her!

The question here is: How much catnip did he snort before posing?

Then there was the dog. And then another dog. Hey! What’s with you humans. Don’t you know that cats rule! I’m outta here!

My visit to VC Gallery was far from over. There were the curious paintings of Bill Braun. Just when I was thinking “I could do that!” I discovered these were not collages, but painting made to look like childhood collages. Truly amazing. Guess I can’t do that after all.

I also enjoyed the work of contemporary landscape artist, Christopher Nelson. Couldn’t get a real close look, but sure wanted to walk through those birch groves. Hey, I’m down here!

Another artist I enjoyed was James Cook. James works with oils. His landscapes make me long for the outdoors. Oh well. At least I get to go for walks and visit galleries. Maybe now my people will take me on another hike. Hint, hint.

There was also work by my good friend, Jan Sitts. As usual, she creates wonderful images with color.

There were some very nice bronze sculptures. I especially like the birds. Too bad their bronze.

That skinny cat was something else. Doesn’t anyone feed him?

Then, again. He doesn’t seem very friendly. Think I’ll take a nap.

Of course, there were the usual tourists who have never seen an art critic.

All in all, it was a very special art show. I never knew I was such a cataseur of contemporary artwork. I definitely give this show a 4 paws and a tail up.

Now it’s time to head home. See all my friends in July.


Your friend -

Joshua Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment