Sunday, September 6, 2009

April 2009 First Friday

JOSHUA SNOW

Your monthly Art Gallery Guide from Sedona’s favorite feline - Joshua Snow.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE:

Already April has been another exciting month. On First Friday, April 3rd, I arrived early at Sedona Arts Center to greet the new Executive Director, Robert J. Myers. Seems he is a California transplant just like me. He welcomed me to SAC, so I guess he is going to work out just fine.

Since everyone was busy meeting the new director, I quietly slipped downstairs and met with Gretchen Lopez. Seems she is a real cat lover and we got along famously. She even agreed to have her photo taken with me.

Gretchen and I talked for awhile about the finer points of color and I assured her I would love to pose for her. Then we said our goodbyes and headed over to Kinion Gallery to see Uncle Liam (Liam Herbert). We arrived just in time to see him give Aunt Sylvia a lovely gold necklace. (Hey, what about me?) We then saw all the new jewelry he has created.

As usual, Liam was being his fun self and made us all laugh.

I just watched.

I did find a piece that was sooo interesting and I spent some time admiring it until they pulled me out of the door. We had a schedule to keep and people were waiting.

Then it was off to Mountain Trails Gallery in Tlaquepaque. There I had a very long discussion with Ken Rowe about animals. But, alas, he knew more about most animals than I, so I gladly agreed to be his model for his possibly first domestic beauty of the feline persuasion. As you can see, he checked me out pretty closely.

What can I say, this man knows how to give good rubs. He even showed me his new raven sculpture.

After saying goodbye to all my friends and a short visit with Susan Kliewer, it was time to head home for a snooze. As usual, I demanded that the windows be open so I could feel the evening breeze.

Don’t forget First Friday in May. I won’t be able to join you on that evening, but you can be sure I will visit the latest exhibits and give you my support. All and all April artists, Grethen, Ken, Liam and Susan get 4 paws and a tail.

So everyone keep creating and I’ll visit you soon.

You friend -

Joshua Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment