Sunday, September 6, 2009

FIRST FRIDAY

Your monthly Art Gallery Guide from Sedona’s favorite feline - Joshua Snow.

pastedGraphic.pdf

GREETINGS FRIENDS:

I am so sorry I missed all of you in January. You see, I was not feeling well. I became very, very sick and saw about 7 lives pass before my eyes. There were a few incidents of biting and a lot of growling. Hey, I was sick. But thanks to the help of Dr. Thomas Remmler at Oak Creek Small Animal Clinic I am back on my paws.

Here Dr. Remmler and Michelle are helping my brother, Niko. He passed the dental exam with flying colors. So, I want to take this opportunity to thank my good friends at the clinic. Below are Suzanne, Laura, Michelle and Heather. Oh, yeah. And Raddick is in the middle.

One thing I did learn was the importance of good oral hygiene. So brush your teeth every day.

Well! Now that I’m back feeling my old self, let’s talk First Friday. My first stop was the Sedona Art Center for Hearts a’ Fire. This was a fashion show of clothing and jewelry from such places as Victorian Cowgirl (I thought that was just a lady cow), Diva Sedona, Ondie, Looking West and Dahling It’s You, to name a few. My special friend, Candace Copeland was there and I was able to try on a beautiful necklace.

There were all types of special pieces, just perfect for that special someone for Valentine’s Day.

“Hey, Candace! I like that one over there better.” Why doesn’t she every listen to me.

I was then introduced to a special young lady with aspirations to become a vet. I thought I would pull a fast one and lead her on a walk. Boy, was I surprised when she took the lead. “Heather, you can be my vet anytime.”



Heather and I modeled some of the latest fashions. Wait! Males don’t wear dresses.

We then hurried upstairs to meet some new friends. “Romancing the Arts” displayed the work of Cyndi Thau (I met her dog, Lucy. Cute, for a dog.), Joanna Irwin, Mark Breithaupt, Mary Flaisig, Joan Roberts and Christine Carlyon. Mary’s wood and woven sculptures looked good enough to climb on. I certainly would not recommend letting my brother, Timmy, see them.

Mark Breithaupt and I also made friends. He does the most amazing things with rocks I’ve ever seen. The swirls and curves and enough to make a feline go mad.

Before I knew it, it was time to say adieu and head for Kinion Gallery for my uncle Liam Herbert’s opening. Hey, Liam. A guy could poke out an eye on that thing.

Uncle Liam was unveiling his brand new pendant sculpture. Just in time for Valentine’s Day. I liked it so much, I bought one for my lady person.


February First Friday was another artful evening, even though it was rather chilly. All in all, I enjoyed the time outdoors and got to sniff a few tires.

In March, come see my photo on display at SAC. This is your friend and fabulously handsome feline saying “see you next month ...”

Joshua Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment