Sunday, September 6, 2009

July 2009 First Friday in Sedona

JOSHUA SNOW

Your monthly Art Gallery Guide from Sedona’s favorite feline - Joshua Snow.


The hot and sweltering days are here. Darn. That limits my outings. Us little guys cannot handle hot cars. So remember the rule: never leave a pet in the car on a hot day. A car can reach over 100 degrees in just a few minutes, so imagine how hot it can get when the temperature is over 100 degrees already.

But even considering the heat, I made it to see all my friends on July First Friday. This month, I met a new artist friend. Williamson Tapia. I really enjoyed meeting him. Of course, it didn’t hurt that he is such a cat lover. Does that surprise you?

Will starts out with an almost black background and builds up the colors of the red rocks and trees. This causes his paintings to have a vibrance I have not seen in many other paintings. Here are a few examples of his work.

Below he is using a tiny little brush to get in all the details of the mountains behind Sedona Arts Center - one of my favorite hang outs.

Will - Can you paint me on a black background. I think it would bring out the silver highlights in my fur and my adorable green eyes?

After visiting with Will, I took a walk up Main Street and visited a few friends. Then it was back to Sedona Arts Center for the Member’s Show.

After all that walking, I was a little pooped and took a nap in front of Joanie Wolter’s Big Ass Raven. I am not afraid of no stinking bird!

But that was not the only great piece, in the show. There were pieces by my good friends, Julie Ronning Talbot, Melanie Harth, Candace Copeland, Janet Collins, Lesley Dawson Briers, Liam Herbert (my uncle), and many, many more.

I enjoyed all the paintings, sculptures and other media. Even though I took a snooze, I was still able to see my friends and enjoy their work. As usual everyone did an excellent job, worthy of such a wonderful gallery.

So enjoy looking at just some of the tantilizing artwork, as did I.

Even my people had pieces in the show.

Well, all and all it was an excellent show, worthy of my discriminating critique. I hope to see you all next First Friday. I will be making an appearance over at Ratliff Gallery. (They invited me to come on over for shrimp. How can I ignore that?)

See you next month on August

Your friend -

Joshua Snow

No comments:

Post a Comment